Monday, July 27, 2009

Tips for curly hair? *pics included*?

I recently went from relaxed to natural, and so far everything is good, but I expected to have afro textured hair, and instead my hair is very curly. I would compare it to Travis Mccoy from Gym Class Heroes, except it is not that curly! Any way, most african americans use hair grease or a pomade, but when I use this it actually causes my hair to break. I know my hair needs moisture, but grease or (pomemade) is not cutting it. Exactly what do you use for your hair and how often do you wash it. I have noticed that when it is wet, that the girls are very soft, but when it dries it is hella difficult. Here are some pics to show my texture. One is when it is dry and the other is when it is wet. Any tips are more than welcome



http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g207/c...



http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g207/c...



Tips for curly hair? *pics included*?

Well I work in the hair industry so I can tell you from professional experience that alot of African Americans have that problem where their hair break easily. :-(



It's not the grease and pommade that is making it break. Especially if you have had chemical process done to your hair the actual hair follicle becomes extremely weak.



I would recommend using higher end products in your hair though. As long as you maintain healthy hair and dont do anything drastic, thats the most important thing.



A big mistake that 95% of women make is using drug store brands in their hair.



If you want stronger and healthier hair, you have to get salon quality shampoos, conditioner and hair products.



I can recommend some great products for your hair.



For shampoo and conditioner I will give you a few choices. The best ones for your texture hair would be:



TIGI Bed Head Oatmeal and Honey shampoo and conditioner, Redken Smooth Down Shampoo and conditioner, or Goldwell Kerasilk shampoo and conditioner.



Then you need to use a good leave in conditioner in your hair every day. If you put grease in your hair it will moisture your hair BUT its very bad for your scalp and will actually do more harm then good.



For a leave in conditioner I recommend either TIGI Curls Rock Leave in moisturizer or Framesi Moist in conditioner (its a leave in).



These are great for giving you the foundation of healthy and moisturized hair.



As for how often to wash your hair, most African Americans wash their hair once a week but I would suggest twice a week to remove natural oil build up in the scalp. However, it really depends on how quickly your hair gets oily.



As for a styling product, you can use a styling serum which might help slightly define your curls and will also help moisturize. Alot of brands make serums. Its basically like a styling silicone oil (its not a grease though!!)



Also, the Redken Smooth Down line has a new product that has excellent results, its called Smooth Down Sleek Obedience anti-frizz solid serum. I highly recommend that!!



Ive been dealing with women with every single type texture hair for a few years now so I pride myself in helping people with their hair dilemas.



I hope my advice works.



Good luck!!! :-)



Tips for curly hair? *pics included*?

You can use creams and stuff like muse and if you can't really find any then go to a hair salon and ask for some creams or products you can maybe try



Tips for curly hair? *pics included*?

oh god i dont know what to say yo! sorry



Tips for curly hair? *pics included*?

I like ur hair. its pretty. You should grow it out and get cornrows or dread locks. that would be gorgous!



Tips for curly hair? *pics included*?

shampoo once a week.



get it wrapped or set.



sit under the dryer untill dry.



get it combed/brushed out and then use the pomade (only a tiny bit) and a flat iron OR get it pressed with a pressing cream.



beautifu 'run your fingers thru it' hair.



and PLEASE use good, professional shampoo and not the cheap over the counter store stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment