Wednesday, July 29, 2009

How do you "weigh down" curly hair?

I have extremely thick, poofy, curly hair. I have never in my life been able to wear all of my hair down without anytype of hair accessory and part of it being up. I am albe to get it pretty straight and am able to wear it all down when it is staight (figured that one out couple of years ago) but I really want to do it when it is curly. Just wondering if there was anything out there to help me keep that "after shower" flatness of my curls. It looks so cute about 10 minutes after I get out of the shower. But by the time it has dried, it is extremely poofy, I mean, honestly, my friends gasp and then laugh everytime I show them. My hair is fairly long, mid-back, extremelt thick (most stylists say thickest they've seen) and very curly. Anyway, didn't know if there was anything out there that could help me weigh down my hair so I could maybe wear it all down one time. I currently use gel, hair spray, a product called "Hair Food (grease)" along with regular shampoo and conditioner



How do you "weigh down" curly hair?

there are lots of products out there for curly hair to define curls and weigh them down. you may have to try a few before you find one that works. gel is fine if you don't mind that crunchy wet look but creams work alot better and define the curls while still keeping them soft. here are a couple of my favorite creams: sexy hair concepts-curling cream, AG-details, ISO-bouncy cream. your stylist should have access to any of these or know where to get them



a few tips:



#1 make sure your hair is coated pretty well from scalp to ends but don't over do it(start with a little bit-you can always add more and tackle your hair in sections if its too thick or flip it upside down)



#2 if your blow drying, use a diffuser. its made to dry the hair with the heat instead of the air pressure(which is what straightens and frizzes out the curl). also, don't dry it all the way, get it about 80% dry then let it dry the rest of the way by itself



#3 Whether your drying or not, once you have the product in your hair leave it alone. the more you have your hands in it the more your gonna get those frizzy fly aways. if your drying, use the prongs in the diffuser instead of your hands, that's what they are there for. tip your head from side to side or upside down and scoop your hair with the diffuser.



How do you "weigh down" curly hair?

Let that curly hair flygirl. I gots curly hair too. **** straights.



How do you "weigh down" curly hair?

try bacon grease



How do you "weigh down" curly hair?

Okay so Baby oil weighs down hair I think like you're talking about.. and now they make baby oil in fun smells, also if your hair is really thick maybe get it thinned at the salon next time?? I wouldn't put the baby oil too close to your roots though, then it will look like your hair is greasy, and a good curly hair product is Aveeda Be Curly!! I love it!! Good luck!!! Remember only Goddesses have curly hair!!



How do you "weigh down" curly hair?

Iron it with a flat iron.



How do you "weigh down" curly hair?

Maybe some olive oil..and they have straightners and 'smoothers' out now in the hair sections of the supermarkets. Maybe rub the olive oil in while your hair is wet,then comb through



How do you "weigh down" curly hair?

I agree with DSl. I have the same hair problem as you. I use curl defining products. They eliminate the frizz and leave you with nice curls.



The only thing that I would add to DSl's comment is: Have your hair texturized. You keep the length, but the poofiness goes away. I have been letting my hair grow out for 2 years now. It is down to mid-back. No more poofiness. It's really great! I have alway hated my curly hair and used to always fight it. Not anymore. Texturizing works wonders. Make sure that the hairdresser knows how to do it. It is not the same as thinning the hair. Good Luck, and happy curls!



How do you "weigh down" curly hair?

conditioner, use your conditioner as if it were gel



How do you "weigh down" curly hair?

I have naturally curly hair also and I have tried just about everything. My favorites that I found so far are: Curls Rock- Curl Amplifier by Catwalk (while hair is still wet) and Redken Vinyl Glam (finishes the style nicely when it's dry). They are both great products that work well to maintain "control". I also use Catwalk Curls Rock shampoo and conditioner, but not sure if it's necessary. Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment