Thursday, July 23, 2009

Naturally curly hair advice - shampooing?

I've been hearing that it's good not to wash your hair every day, with varying opinions on how infrequent it should be.



My hair is more dull and dry than I'd like, and I'd like to try this, but have questions/dilemma...



You see, with naturally curly hair, it's pretty much ruined by the end of the day, or after you sleep on it. It looks AWFUL unless it all gets wet and re-done daily.



So... some people recommend just washing curly hair with conditioner most of the time. Does that defeat the purpose of not stripping the hair of whatever it is that makes it dry? What about simply getting it wet?



And after I go to the gym and my hair is all sweaty, what then? It's pretty gross to just leave it that way...



Thanks in advance!



Naturally curly hair advice - shampooing?

If you had told me about just washing hair with just conditioner a while ago I would have thought it would be a mistake but guess what?!



I now know that there are a lot of curly haired women who have found success with just this %26amp; there's an awesome book all about it called CurlyGirl. You can get it on Amazon or read all about it here: http://www.naturallycurly.com/home/faq.p...



Oh, and what about sweaty hair after going to the gym?



Wash your hair with water under cool or warm water and use a wide tooth comb. I have wavy hair not curly but that's my tip after just trying this for 6 weeks myself. I didn't even use conditioner and my hair is now so glossy, shiny and healthy!



Naturally curly hair advice - shampooing?

I have curly hair too so I know how you feel. The ends are dry, but its not really too bad, but you cant go out of the house with a frizzy mess. My rule, if its dirty or greasy, wash it.



I wash mine everyday with baby shampoo. It woks, but its very gentle and doesn't strip the ends of moisture.



I hope this works for you, good luck.



Naturally curly hair advice - shampooing?

it does wash the natual oils out if you wah it every day,mine used to be greasy so i used dry shampoo or talc it took away the gease look,i wouldnt recommend washing in conditioner it will just make it greasy and you will have build up,you sound as though you need to use some treatments,use twice a week,leave on for about 15 mins with a cap to keep in the heat,also the best thing i ever used was coconut oil,use the same as a treatment ,i used to leave the coconut oil on for as long as possible it rearly does work,your hair will be in lovely condition,use a spray shine when you have styled your hair to give a great shine,dont leave off washing your hair if it rearly bad,but try using the dry shampoo or talc



good luck



Naturally curly hair advice - shampooing?

Going to the gym and sweating up doesn't really allow you to not shampoo every day.



I shampoo every other day. On the days I don't shampoo, I do wet it down then condition and rinse. But if I do work out, I can't skip the shampoo.



Also using the right shampoo, conditioner, and gels can help or torment your hair. Just do reviews on the shampoo you use because some of the cheaper brands at dept stores dry out your hair by themselves. I find spending a little extra money on salon brands goes a long way in protecting hair. And drying your hair can damage also. Trimming every 6-8 weeks helps keeping spit ends away - split ends can make or break any hair style.

No comments:

Post a Comment