Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I have naturally curly hair. Still put a perm, then relaxer, but when will my hair be NATURALLY curl

8 days ago I had a Perm and the same day hair colour and strains put in on my 'naturally' curly shoulder-length hair. The result was I looked like a sheep! 3 days ago I had that Perm taken out with a perm relaxer (the hairdresser only left it on for 2 minutes and did not put it close to the scalp) and on top of that a new coulour (wash-out colour) was added. I waited 48 hours and then washed it for the 1st time and afterwards used Redkens 'extreme Rescue Force for distressed hair conditioner'. But now I am devestated!!!! My hair is so straight and I only get to put some body and curls in it by blow-drying with the difuser (as I usually do) + adding lots of mousse and finger work.



My questions are:



a) When will my actual naturally curly hair be back?



b) The body and the small amount of curls I manage to be able to put back after washing and blow-drying and mousse, are those actually my 'naturally' curly hair or still left-over Perm?



Thanks ahead for your answers...



fee24



I have naturally curly hair. Still put a perm, then relaxer, but when will my hair be NATURALLY curly again??

A. After the over-processed permed and straightened hair grows out and it cut off. There is no other way. Your hair is permanently damaged. Your natural curl will have to grow back from your scalp.



B. Those are not your 'naturally' curly hair.



You need to use products for damaged, over-processed hair to make the best of what you have because the damaged cannot be reversed at this point.



Check out www.redken.com. They have wonderful products and the website is very helpful. You will find there what you need to manage your hair in it's current damaged state.



I have naturally curly hair. Still put a perm, then relaxer, but when will my hair be NATURALLY curly again??

The hair you have today will never be naturally curly again. You will have to let your hair grow out and trim off the damaged hair a little at a time. This will take a long time, depending on how long it takes your hair to grow.



I have naturally curly hair. Still put a perm, then relaxer, but when will my hair be NATURALLY curly again??

Why in the world did you perm and colored the same day? You should of waited and your cosmetologist should of recommend treatments before doing a relaxer. Your curly hair will come back, but only after growing from your root. Never 2 chemicals in the same day. Right now all I can tell you is good shampoo and I recommend a redkin spray leave in condition.

No comments:

Post a Comment