Monday, July 20, 2009

Hair - Curly Hair Styles?

So I have long dirty blond curly hair. I'm the blonde in this picture:



http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/251...



My hair has looked exactly the same since sophomore year of high school and I'm 23. So, I'm bored. My hair doesn't hold it being straightened well, at all. So basically, does anyone have a new hairstyle I could try that my hair could stay curly (and blond - went brunette once, wasn't for me haha)? I feel like whenever I find pictures online, the hair is either straight or wavy, not curly and I'm just sick of my old look! Any ideas would be awesome. Thanks so much!



Hair - Curly Hair Styles?

I also have curly hair - and yes, it's super hard to change the style because as beautiful as curly hair is the options for styling are a bit limited. Your hair looks great and healthy - so that's a good place to start :) do you have a regular hair stylist you go to? If not you should start your search, if you have any girlfriends or co-workers that have curly hair that looks good try to get a recommendation - it's hard to find a stylist that knows how to work with curly hair. I would not suggest cutting your hair super short...I've done it a few times and it's hit or miss and takes FOREVER to grow back. My suggestion is to never cut curly hair shorter than your shoulders. Shoulder length or longer is the best. You can go for some really nice layers - that helps alot with the bounce and body of your curls - I used to have an issue with the top of my hair being weighed down - layers help to even it out and give you a great bounce and curl in your hair. Also, you can try different product for different looks - I know that bumble and bumble is a great product for curly hair if you can learn how to use it right. Some blowdrying and other techniques - a good stylist should be able to help you try out new things that will actually look good on you. You'll be fine, it's just hard to try new things w/ curly hair but I'm sure you'll be fine.



Hair - Curly Hair Styles?

There's a magazine dedicated to curly hair.



Hair - Curly Hair Styles?

You have pretty hair....so good for you to try to come up with a solution that fits your hair type.



I have curly hair as well....so I would recommend a layered bob....they are so in right now and so cute. I had my hair in long layers similiar to yours and I got a layered bob a few months ago, and I love it. Try to keep the layers long around your face and then shorter in the back....very cute, and chic too.....you could also use flat iron it for a sleek style if you want.



Hair - Curly Hair Styles?

Hmm ive got very curly hair and recently got myself a side fringe, then went for a thicker full fringe, it completely changed my look. although i have to straighten the fringe everyday which is a bit of a pest cz its shorter it tends to stay straight



and it doesnt look daft havin curly hair down with straight fringe lol



just a suggestion



Hair - Curly Hair Styles?

Hey there! I have curly hair too, so I feel your pain!



If you like your hair long, try getting different layers than you're used to - shorter or longer - everyone's curls are different, so yours might take to a new system of layers. You can also experiment with different types of long bangs.



Getting your hair cut shorter - shoulder length or so - could really make the curls spring up. Talk to your stylist about it - if your hair grows fast, it could be worth a try!



As far as straightening goes, if you like to give that a whirl every so often , try straightening with a blow dryer and round ceramic-plated brush and then touching up with a hair dryer.



Best of luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment