Saturday, July 25, 2009

Curly hair, got a bad haircut please help!?

So my very curly very thick hair was about 5 inches past my shoulders. It was a pain but I knew how to style it and I liked it. The ends were really fried though and I decided to get a haircut.



I found a salon that said they really know how to cut curly hair. Being stupid I brought in pictures of Kate Hudson in Almost Famous.



I asked for layers (which I had before and loved) and a few wispy "bangs" to have hanging out when I put it up.



My hair is now about collarbone length and there is a lot of bangs! They are cut uneven and not enough other layers. The bangs don't curl like the rest.



The worse part is that it forms a big TRIANGLE POOF!



Last night I was trying to figure out what to do and tried to style it and I almost started crying. I know I sound like a brat but I have really low self esteem, weight problems etc. My hair was the only thing about myself that I liked.



Now I can't even put it up in a bun without the pieces in the back falling out.



Does anyone



Curly hair, got a bad haircut please help!?

NO you don't sound like a BRAT...you sound like you just paid good money for a Horrible Haircut. And it makes me ticked because they get away with it. They talk, and chat, and walk around, take phone calls, while trying to remember what the hell they are doing to your hair...Often times a trim ends up to be 3-6 inches....AND it isn't suppossed to be....Then you pay them for your dissappointment and tip them to boot....and say THANK YOU.....POOH on THAT....Well, first of all, knowing what to tell the stylist helps.....you probably wanted just a TRIM....asked for a CUT and got a CHOP JOB. I must say that more experienced stylists in longevity and AGE often do know how to trim curly hair...And since my Husband has Natural Curly hair and has had dozens of terribly uneven hair cuts.....I bought him a Flowbee Haircutting System, and using the vacuum he cuts his own hair perfectly and has for nearly 15 years. It always comes out soft nice and curly. Now what to do with yours....WELL.....you have tried a few things and it isn't pleasing you. I have been there....so many times.....And for many years now, I just cut my own or as I have done for the last few years NOT cut it. Cept for my bangs. And yes I cut the back too. I can cut my own short style as well. It is below shoulder blades now.



Now for you. Well, to have wispy bangs I find using a pair of thinning shears to thin out the lower 1 1/2 " to the bottom straight part works well. Also, I gather my bangs side, the middle, then the other side all at once keeping all the hair where it is supposed to be but just bunched between my 2 fingers like they do in the salon....(Not straight across your face like they hang down) (mohawk) then I pull up towards the top of my head and out straight and firm and trim about 1/3" and let go and see if that is short enough. I will re-do this 2-3 times if necessary until I get the desired effect. You need a NEW SHARP THIN BLADED pair of scissors to cut your own hair, and use them only for hair....NEVER anything else.



This will help your bangs, as it helps to eliminate some of the bulk. Just do a little at a time, and check each time, repeat, until it looks fine to you. ALSO, if there is too much hair from the top of your head cut into bangs, use a rattail comb and separate out the bangs you want then let the rest grow out as it should be. It doesn't look right (to me anyway) if there is too much bangs. Bangs I think should only be the front 1/2" at the most or just a bit less.... A layered curly look is fantastic if it is done the right way and not too short. Maybe if the top is layered better you can mousse and scrunch it for some height, at the same time you blowdry it to hold it....Re wet it and do it again until it looks good and lays right...



YOU can go back to the salon, and ask for someone to try to fix what another screwed up it should be free.. I have even gone back the same stylist to have her fix what she did.....I show them it is uneven......and often I have good luck the 2nd time....That is when I quit going tho....When a stylist starts telling me what I want.....it is time to get out of the chair.....and go... I have done that too....forget the haircut. ALSO, IF THE STYLIST IS TALKING UP A STORM MAKING CASUAL CONVERSATION.....Let her/him know that you would prefer to just watch her cut your hair....that way you have more control and she is paying attention. Hope this helps Sweetie......



Curly hair, got a bad haircut please help!?

I totally understand where you are coming from. Cutting curly hair is something that is very detail oriented. all it takes is the wrong snip, and youve got an explosion. so, no, you dont sound like a brat.



this happened to me once. I went to a salon, and they did some changes that made it manageable.



I hope this helps you!!!



Curly hair, got a bad haircut please help!?

go back say you hate your hair and ask for a recut for free. they'll give it to you.



Curly hair, got a bad haircut please help!?

omg i feel so sorry for you i would feel the same way cause my hair is my favorite feature too alright now im gonna help you if you want to put it in a ponytail gell your hair into one but if you keep it down your should flat iron your hair theres really nothing you can do but it will probubly look better if its flat ironed oh and since you have curly hair use bed head tigi neat freak serum so your hair wont poof as much i hope this works for you i feel your pain. good luck!



Curly hair, got a bad haircut please help!?

oh I'm so sorry i have the same hair! i use sun silk anti poof and moose to tame mine or i spend 30-45 mins to straiten it.



good luck dear



Curly hair, got a bad haircut please help!?

First of all claim down and breath,You can control the poof with some anti-frizz serum(Bio-silk,super skinny) Use a good moisturizing conditioner.You will need to get the cut evened up,have the stylist side-cut some layers as this will also thin out the hair alittle and that will help control the poof as well.As far as the bangs go,you'll have to let them grow out.See if you can find a stylist that has curly hair themselves as they will understand your hair better than anyone.Your a wonderful person,love yourself and smile!!!



Curly hair, got a bad haircut please help!?

I think that if you put a picture of your hair on, it would be easier to help, but I'll try anyway. You could put some styling product on your hands and put it towards the roots above your ears to even out the poof between top and bottom. Or you could put product, water, or hairspray on the bottom part to control the poof on the bottom and lessen the traingle-ness.



Curly hair, got a bad haircut please help!?

Just gel it up %26amp; put it in a ponytail--seriously, what kind of girl puts her hair in a bun? Unless you can style it nicely in a sort of hip messy-bun to make it look chic but still business, buns are a big NO-NO because they make you look old %26amp; outdated.



If you can be bothered to, just flat iron your hair straight whenever you go out. There isn't much for you to do until your hair grows back. Unforunately for us girls who have naturally curly hair, bad haircuts are really hard for us to deal with until the hair grows out again!



Next time, try asking friends with curly hair where they typically get their haircut. Just about EVERY girl with curly hair can relate to that same problem--people in the salon not knowing how to properly cut curly hair.



Curly hair, got a bad haircut please help!?

Short Curly Hairstyle Tips



http://homebeautytips.blogspot.com/2007/...



Hairstyles for curly hair



http://homebeautytips.blogspot.com/2007/...

No comments:

Post a Comment