Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Curly Hair Advice??

I asked this earlier but I need hair advice??



Ok, I've asked 2 questions about curly haired celebrities. My answers led me to this chart:



http://www.curl2curl.com



Looking at the chart, I would peg myself at about a C3. Can you think of cute hairstyles you've seen on the C3's and sen me pictures?? Just to let you know, I don't have African American hair...just very curly hair.



I don't feel like getting another maintenance routine. I want your suggestions based on the looks of the C3s (I don't remember who they were). If you like, you may tell me what you like about each. Pix would be helpful; product suggestions are ok. I just don't feel like hearing about maintaning curly hair, as I already know this.



Remember: I am a C3.



Thanks everyone!! I'm Victoria. If you have questions about my question, ask.



Curly Hair Advice??

- I have the same hair type as you! My hair looks great long with long layers- helps to avoid the triangle shape after drying. Check out a book called "Strictly Curls" for updos and such for curly hair. I like to sweep hair back with 2 crisscrossed bobby pins after parting my hair to the side. I also like to wear my hair half up and leave out individual curls to frame my face. Overall just experiment- it's fun!



- Read the book and visit the sites below about curly hair. I did and my once horrible curly hair is now virtually frizz-free ringlets. Now I get compliments on my hair all the time! Straighten your hair- be happy for a day, learn to manage your curly hair- be happy for life!



- To style your hair using the curly-girl method you will need gel and conditioner at the minimum. Some less useful, but still nice stuff would be a blowdryer, a diffuser (reduces frizz in curly/wavy hair when used with dryer), and a microfiber hair turban (to dry wet hair while sleeping or in the morning).



-The main philosophy of the curly-girl method is to not use shampoo. This may sound unhygenic but it has actually made my hair less oily and dandruffy. Most shampoos contain some of the same chemicals found in laundry detergent (aka sulfates). They dry out curly hair. Also you shouldn't brush your curly hair dry because it damages the hair and makes it poof.



- Massaging of the scalp with conditioner to remove dirt is all that is needed. It will clean everything but super clingy silicones (read more about this at one of the websites) . Then rinse and spread conditioner on the outside layer of hair and the hair at the nape of your neck. Gently comb tangles out with your fingers or a wide toothed comb and rinse. It is also important to use gel on sopping wet hair and scrunch the hair. Then let your hair air dry or use a blowdryer with a diffuser.



- Use a moisturizing conditioner, such as Aussie Moist Conditioner. The combo of products that I use daily is Garnier Fuctis Sleek and Shine Leave In Cream, Tressemme Clean Hold Gel, and Aussie Tizz No Frizz Gel, but there are more conditioners, gels, etc. on the websites.



- Your hair may seem worse at first, but it is just adjusting. This takes 2 to 4 weeks begin working.This is hard to do if you don't read the book, or at least visit the websites. Naturally curly hair can be beautiful! Hope this helps!



found some pics!



http://public.fotki.com/jennyfurrens/mod...



Curly Hair Advice??

Sorry! I thought it didn't work on the other one for some reason because your question sounded so similar. The site is part of a church site, but it's still about curly hair! I have saved an answer for care of curly hair on my computer because it pops up so often, Sorry again! Report It

No comments:

Post a Comment