Sunday, July 12, 2009

Curly hair problems with a 3 year old, can ya give me some info?

My husband is black he is from barbados, im hispanic. our daugther has beautifull curly hair. her hair feels like mine but is very very curly and gets very dried out. she seams to be getting like dandruff now, i wash her hair 2 times week, is that too little, too much??? i use kids shampoo, but sometimes it like doesnt do the trick, i use "pink" on her hair, i think the shampoo is not cleaning it out. any suggestions on shampoo, conditioner, leave in conditioner, hair styles, detaingler?



Curly hair problems with a 3 year old, can ya give me some info?

Try to only to wash it 1x a week and 2-3x a week use conditioner only. You have to keep her hair moisturized. I don't recommend Pink for such a young child, my daughter is biracial and I use BB lotion on her hair, I also use a detangler spray on her hair and comb it with a wide toothed comb. I mainly use Just for Me shampoos and conditioners. If she has dandruff you can cure that by applying warmed olive oil to her scalp for an hour before conditioning, it'll help clear up the flakes and moisturize her scalp.



Curly hair problems with a 3 year old, can ya give me some info?

Two times a week is not too much, but you should condition it at least once per week. Also, deep condition her hair at least once per month.



"Pink" is the worst. It actually may be helping to dry it out. Its number one ingredient is water and once this dries, there is nothing left to moisturize her hair. You said you think "the shampoo is not cleaning it out." This is probably true. It is known to leave residue.



Try the "Just for Me" line by Soft %26amp; Beautiful. I use the shampoo, conditioner, detangler, and styling creme on my grandaughter's hair. Her Mom is Puerto Rican and Caucasian and her father is Dominican and Black.



Curly hair problems with a 3 year old, can ya give me some info?

This is going to be a long answer but hopefully it works...



i have a book about hair and there is recipes that might be gross but they probably work...



Dry Hair:



This recipe is going to punch the moisture in real well!



YOU WILL NEED:



1. a ripe banana



2. 2 teaspoons of honey



3. a large bowl



4. a wooden spoon



5. plastic wrap



6. an old towel



DIRECTIONS: smoosh and mix the banana in the bowl, and add the honey in and stir well. Shampoo your childs hair.afterwards smooth your mixture into your childs damp hair. Then wrap your hair in the plastic wrap, and wrap a towel around the plastic wrap. Relax for 10 minutes...then rinse your hair well and then dry as usual.



GOODLUCK AND HOPE IT WORKS!! =]



Curly hair problems with a 3 year old, can ya give me some info?

I have very curly hair with the texture of baby fine hair. (I'm italian) When it dries I have corkscrew/banana curls. My hair gets dry too. I think it is from gels and stuff that I use to tame the frizz that contain alcohol. Anyway, I use the Pantene for curls formula and it really makes my hair soft. Even after I have used a flat iron and fried my hair. In a few weeks it is very soft again. I get the knots out in the shower when the conditioner is in my hair. It's the only way I can get them out. (I wash my hair daily) All of the pantene products are great. Another great product to tame frizz and keep hair soft is Queen Helene Gel with cholesterol in it. The cholesterol is the conditioner. If her hair/scalp is super dry you could use cholestrol cream or olive oil and then wash it out. Good Luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment