Saturday, August 1, 2009

Natural hair, front not as curly?

I haven't permed my hair in about 16 months and it gets curlier as it grows. I will be going in for the big chop sat. but have noticed that the front of my hair isn't as curly as the rest. Is there anything that I can do about that. Since I haven't cut it yet, I'm not sure how well the shampoo and coditioners for curly hair will help with this issue. Any ideas?



Natural hair, front not as curly?

I have about the same problem as you. My hair is curly but the front doesn't curl as much. Try curls rock by Catwalk. It'll make your hair curly all over.



Natural hair, front not as curly?

just wait till you get it cut it. unless you want to perm it or get better shampoo?



Natural hair, front not as curly?

use herbal esscenses shampoo for your hair. use the new curl product.



Natural hair, front not as curly?

will have to get it permed again...its been a long time since u have had it permed so new hair is growing in that isnt permed. u could always try putting mousse in it after its wet and kinda crunch it with ur hands



Natural hair, front not as curly?

After 7 yrs of going natural I made the mistake of getting a perm and my hair broke off badly after a year. So it's been about a year now for me since I've had a perm (starting over). My hair is the same, lovely curl in the back and nearly straight in the front with only a slight wave that quickly goes away when my hair dries. Unfortunately that is your hair texture. As it gets longer the front should get a more noticeable wave, that's what happens to me. If this is your first time since you were a child letting your hair go natural I would suggest going to the library or book store and getting books on african american hair helped me out alot. I've tried the shampoos and conditioners designed for European hair to get a curl in the front. Doesn't work. A moisturizing shampoo and conditioner worked better to keep the moisture in the hair, the curling stuff was a waste of money.



Natural hair, front not as curly?

Hi. Congratulations! Its always good to hear people finally letting go of the relaxers. Its so weird when you first do it because you think people are gonna laugh and stare at you. Trust me, the more your hair grows, the more you will love your natural hair (not that you dont like it now, but still). Dont you just love the freedom?



As far as your hair goes, my hair is like that too. You have to remember the front of the hair is always exposed to environmental elements, like wind, sun, you know. Thats why the rest of the hair always looks healthier. Its not a problem though. For me, my curly hair has different textures to it and thats normal too. Just do the big chop.



Here are some product websites you might find beneficial to you.



www.curls.biz



www.honeyfig.com



www.janecartersolution.com



www.naanishoppe.com



www.sistasplace.com



www.longlovelylocks.com



www.curljunkie.com



www.blendedbeauty.com



www.qhemetbiologics.com



www.curlicious.com



www.urbanbella.net



www.treasuredlocks.com



www.nasabb.com



These are curly hair product websites that I like because they have less chems or 100% natural in them and they dont have mineral oil and petroleum, which retards our hair growth. Look at them. Also look at their hair care tips on each website, if they have. There are also 2 other websites you should look at.



www.growafrohairlong.com - relaxed, natural and braid hair care - even though the author's relaxed, she has naturals who have used her crown and glory technique with success like myself.



www.motowngirl.com - this is strictly for naturals, I like this one too.



Here are a few curly girl tips:



1. When you shampoo, only do so 1x/week and only to your scalp. Most people dont know that its not supposed to be applied all over your hair...thats why your hair feels dry.



2. If you need to wash hair often, do a condition rinse, it means washing hair with conditioner only.



3. Im sure you know to comb with a wide tooth comb and to never comb or brush hair when dry. But if you have a good conditioner, you can fingercomb it, which is what I do. I havent used a comb in a long time.



4. Look at the shampoo regimen on the crown and glory method. They have a great way to wash your hair. Remember to NEVER RUB YOUR HAIR.



5. I NEVER use a towel. This causes frizzies. I just gently squeeze out water and then while wet, apply a moisturizing cream in sections of my hair. The one I use is from curls.biz called whipped cream. This along with the water helps to seal in moisture.



Hope this helped you. I gave you more info than you needed because good info should always be shared and passed on, especially since it worked for me. Create your own regimen and stick to it. Dont forget to take multivitamins too, and a good hair vitamin with biotin in it for an even healthier hair growth, along with fruits and veggies and lots of water. God bless.



Natural hair, front not as curly?

Honestly, you won't really know your hair texture until you do the big chop. Actually, I am also natural and my hair is the completely opposite. The back of my hair is WAY looser than the front. After you cut your hair, you will see the difference and as it grows it may even change, like mine did. Check out nappturality.com - it is a website that caters to natural hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment