Saturday, August 1, 2009

Growing out curly hair?

I had my hair really short, like a boy cut for several years. It looked really good with my facial features. but I kinda want to grow it out. my hair is naturally curly. Right now it is about four inches long, and I don't know what to do with it. It looks pretty "afro" at times. I try to to finger curl it like a 20's type style, but I don't always have the time and it's getting pretty thick. I haven't had it cut for several months. I'm unsure about going to a salon, because I don't know what to ask for, and they are usually pretty clueless when it comes to curly hair. they usually butcher it. I guess I need to know a standard cut to ask for. I like 20's style. I am pretty clueless when it comes to fashion/hair. I can't find anything online. Please help if you can. It's looking ridiculous.



Growing out curly hair?

Have you tried hot rollers? I would try using large rollers, I know your hair is already curly, but a large roller would make it more of a wave and not a tight curl. Another idea would be using a curling iron and instead of wrapping your hair around it, use it to straighten it.



Growing out curly hair?

I had this same problem. I have super tight, thick curls and went short like a boy once. I swore I would never do it again! I used relaxers to keep it straight and looking decent while I waited for it to grow back. You don't have to go that far though. Maybe just a flat iron will help it look sleek and straight (and not so wild) while your growing it out. Once it gets to a lenght that your happy with, then you can go back to letting it go wild and curly.

No comments:

Post a Comment