Monday, October 5, 2009

I have curly hair, and i want to shave it all off?

i am suffering from telogen effluvium and while i know it is temporary hair loss, i would like to shave it off and start fresh...but i have curly hair and i love it, will my hair grow back curly? will it grow back at all? does age effect your growth because i'm 20 years old. finally, have any of you ever tried shaving your head? any response will be appreciated.



I have curly hair, and i want to shave it all off?

Yes, your hair will grow back. This condition usually affects women between 30-60 yrs. old though.



"No treatment is needed for most cases of telogen effluvium. Remember that the hairs fall out when a new hair growing beneath it pushes it out. Thus with this type of hair loss, hair falling out is a sign of hair regrowth. As the new hair first comes up through the scalp and pushes out the dead hair a fine fringe of new hair is often evident along the forehead hairline."



"Chronic telogen effluvium is recently recognized and not uncommon. It often occurs in women who previously had very thick hair in their teens and twenties and still have an apparently normal head of hair to a casual observer. It affects the entire scalp with no obvious cause apparent. It usually affects women of 30 to 60 years of age, starts suddenly and has a tendency to fluctuate for a period of years. The degree of shedding is usually severe in the early stages and the hair may come out in handfuls. It does not cause complete baldness and does appear to be self-limiting in the long run."



http://www.aocd.org/skin/dermatologic_di...



I've never shaved my head. I don't think I could get away w/ it - my features are too kid like %26amp; I'm not sure I have a nicely shaped scalp.



Instead of shaving - consider getting a cute pixie cut that can be touseled.



ex) http://beauty.about.com/od/celebritieswi...



http://beauty.about.com/od/hairstylephot...



Some photos %26amp; tips for choosing a flattering hair cut:



http://beauty.about.com/od/shorthairstyl...



http://beauty.about.com/od/hairbasics/a/...



http://matrix.com/find_your_hair_style/



I have curly hair, and i want to shave it all off?

i am very sorry to hear of your condition, just answered a question about shaving my head a longtime ago. you should check other's like you, and talk to a doctor, and a salon first.



I have curly hair, and i want to shave it all off?

im not really sure but i heard that if you have cancer and naturally curly hair and it all falls out then when it grows back your hair will be straight



I have curly hair, and i want to shave it all off?

I've not had to deal with this telogen but what I've read, You should have regrowth in 3 months and it should come back with the original condition it was before it left.



I have naturally curly hair and if I knew that it would grow back within a week, I would go bald, just to say I did.



I think it would be cute. Some girls / women who are bald due to cancer, are very beautiful people.



Also, this telogen affects people of all ages.



Hope this helped you some. Good Luck in shaving if you do. Remember, beauty is in the eye of the beholder but Bald women Rock !



I have curly hair, and i want to shave it all off?

If you will shave your hair, it will grow again thicker than before.



I have curly hair, and i want to shave it all off?

well i know it isnt exactly the same but my grandmother had breast cancer and lost all of her hair. i think it was naturally wavy but it grew back like really curly.



so it will probably grow back the same.



either way... a woman that survives any kind of cancer is beautiful and strong.



I have curly hair, and i want to shave it all off?

Oh, it'll grow back. It'll take a LONG time, but it'll grow back pretty curly. So go shave your head! Buy fancy scarves or wigs! Just have fun!



I have curly hair, and i want to shave it all off?

Hair texture changes about every 7 years anyhow so there is no guarantee you wold have curly hair forever anyhow! There are so many cute and sexy short hair cuts. You will have so much fun with it growin back in. I say go for it! It's only hair!



I have curly hair, and i want to shave it all off?

im sorry. my teacher had wavy hair and it was long she got cancer and shaved her head now it grew back very curly because it dosnt carry the weight so yes i will grow back. she is 40 proboly. I would go to the salon to shave it and you can also pick out a wig there.



I have curly hair, and i want to shave it all off?

im sorry about ur condition but i dont think u should shave ur head! plz don shave it off jus wear a hat!



i have not tried to shave my head my hair is past my as*!



i think that adults hair does grow slower than kids hair !



DONT SHAVE UR HAIR PLEAZE!



I have curly hair, and i want to shave it all off?

Curly Hairstyles -- Photo Gallery of Cute, Curly Hairstyles.

No comments:

Post a Comment