Monday, October 5, 2009

For girls with CURLY hair! help please?!?

I have extremely curly multi ethnic hair. My mom is Hispanic and my dad is black %26amp; white. I just want tips on styling my type of hair both while its curly and straightening it. I just got a Chi flat iron today. What are the best ways to straighten it and keeping it straight? I live in Houston where its humid pretty much year round. Here is a picture of me so you can get an idea of how curly my hair is. http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q197/... Any %26amp; all tips will be appreciated! Thanks!



For girls with CURLY hair! help please?!?

That's exactly what my hair looks like and I'm pretty much the same mix as you too! For when my hair is curly, I get out of the shower and put some leave in conditioner in it, then some silicone, then I style it with Garnier Fructis Soft Curl Cream and let it air dry. When I straighten it, I put Chi Silk Therapy treatment in it and let it air dry til it's damp, then I blow it out with a paddle brush so that it's dry, detangled, and not as kinky. I work a tiny bit more of the Silk Therapy all over my hair, then use my flat iron in sections. I section my hair off into quarters, and starting with the bottom left quarter I run the iron over 2" wide 1/4" deep sections until they're straight straight straight. Normally, my hair will stay straight until I wash it, but when it's really humid it will curl up a bit so I just spray it with some hairspray and hope for the best! My other favorite products are Paul Mitchell Straight Works, Pink Lotion, and the Matrix thermal spray.



For girls with CURLY hair! help please?!?

hummm. well, to keep it straight (and pretty!) go to the herbal essences site!



they have styling videos, and one that i keep in my favorites list is the deadly "Pin-Straight Hair" look!



it's good info! check it out!



For girls with CURLY hair! help please?!?

Wow that is curly!!! But it is cute, so go with it curly. Just go straight now and then for a fun change.



Mine is just wavy and I have to gel it then straighten to get it straight. I just brush mine with a curling brush from damp to dry and mine will stay, but you are way curly I don't know if you can go straight in the humidity.



For girls with CURLY hair! help please?!?

I just want to know....can I get a date?



For girls with CURLY hair! help please?!?

hmm.. well i do like the L'oreal shampoo/conditioner in the orange bottle. the one for "smooth"... i wanna try the herbal essence one. make sure to keep ur hair well conditioned at all times.. the drier it is, the less smooth it will be



what i do is first apply the CHI serum to protect hair from heat!



then i part my hair into two sections...start from underneath in small sections, slowly move to the top layers..it's pretty hard to keep it straight in the back! might have to ask someone to do that for u....



when ur done, apply a gloss or cream to keep it less frizzy..good luck!



For girls with CURLY hair! help please?!?

Your hair is very similiar to my girlfriends, and I usually straighten and style her hair.



For its curly, and just some styling tips? I usually rub some medium-hold gel onto my hands and then seperate her hair into sections and then twist it around my fingers. It has a nice hold to it, and it gives the curls singular definition rather than the whole clump look.



For straightning? After you get out of the shower, do *NOT* towel dry your hair. Use some frizz serum and evenly distribute it throughout. Then take your hair dryer (hopefully with a nozzle?) and a large paddle brush. Angling the brush down, blow dry your hair that way. Always make sure to go down because thats the direction you want-straight. Make sure its 100% dry, then add some heat-protectant spray and divide the hair into four sections. Flat-iron each (you may have to do it 3 times to get the desired look).



For girls with CURLY hair! help please?!?

If you want to permanently keep your hair straight you might want to go to a salon and get it straightened. You can also buy the kits at the dollar store but I think that they can burn your hair if you don't know what you are doing. I have never done that. I used to attempt to keep my curly hair straight with a flat iron or a round brush and blow dryer but I have grown to love my curls. I just try to keep my hair well conditioned. Have it trimmed every so often.



For girls with CURLY hair! help please?!?

you're so pretty!



and wow my mom and dad are the same



so is my hair, curly/wavy-ish



i love your hair curly, you wear it well



but anti-frizz is really good



when it gets hot over here i just straighten it and put a bit of anti frizz serum and maybe straighten it again

No comments:

Post a Comment